Are you motivated by bringing fantastic products to the market and is the management of complex, high-tech product development projects part of your DNA? Is it second nature for you to motivate a team of development engineers to reach ambitious goals through teamwork and dedication? Do you want to contribute to the improvement of the life experience for people with a hearing disability? Then we might have an exciting career for you as Head of IT at Oticon Medical in Nice.
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies.
Multi-site IT project management in a high-tech, innovative, implantable hearing solutions environment
In your new job you will be part of Oticon Medical’s IT organization in Sophia Antipolis on the French Rivera. As Head of IT, it will be your main priority to manage IT activities of Oticon Medical French site (OM Nice). In this process, you work closely together with all functions and other Demant sites as well as external partners and subcontractors.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage the OM Nice IT team
- Ensure that OM Nice IT delivers according to the OM strategy and ambitions
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are met
- Lead the strategic development of OM Nice IT in close collaboration with OM IT and Demant Global IT
- Lead continuous improvement activities (alternative delivery models to increase efficiency, scalability and quality, processes and methods according to best practice)
- Accountable for budgeting and budget follow-up within OM Nice IT
- Contribute to OM strategic development of portfolio to ensure optimal support of business needs
- Participate in steering groups and ensure follow up on initiatives and projects
At Oticon Medical we develop both bone anchored hearing systems and Cochlear Implants. We are very ambitious and have a strong entrepreneur spirit and the will to win. Join us on our exciting journey and help us develop innovative implantable hearing solutions that improve the lives of thousands of children and adults across the globe.
If you have the right profile and drive, we are willing to add further responsibilities and exciting international projects to the position.
IT Manager with a proven track record
In order for you to be a success in this job, it is vital that you have documented experience from similar jobs as e.g. IT function and team manager, Program or project Manager, preferable from a company within the area of medical devices or highly regulated industry and international environment. Strong knowledge and experience in project management and ERP/ CRM/ EDMS/ PLM /MES systems are strongly recommended and an experience in a manufacturing site would be appreciated.
Furthermore, we expect you to hold a Master of Science degree in combination with at least 10 years of professional experience from the above-mentioned areas.
Fluency in English is mandatory, and if you master French, it will be an important advantage.
As a person you are:
• Driven by results, and know how to set goals – and how to reach them with your team
• Skilled in creating and maintaining good relations to all parts of the organization
• A natural authority
• Characterized by a high degree of technical insight and curiosity to support a multi-disciplinary work environment
• A team leader by heart with a natural ability to motivate
• Pragmatic and strive for efficiency in all that you do
Our commitment to making a difference
Together with skilled colleagues, you are part of a dynamic environment based on trust and openness, and you will experience a strong passion for our patients. We are a growing international company where everybody supports the business by making sure we successfully bring the best experience with our products to our users. You will be working in a bright and open workplace, where a flexible working environment, knowledge sharing and professional respect makes it meaningful to go to work.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.